The ultimate Bonsai workshop with Europe’s most experienced bonsai artists who are at the top of their game, this is an opportunity to improve your bonsai skills meet new friends and share in what has become one of Europe’s most exciting bonsai experiences.
If you have not been to Burrs before the workshop takes place in a purpose built self contained training centre that has everything on one level, it’s fully catered with bunkhouse accommodation included. Your weekend includes full access to all the artists, evening presentations, Bonsai Auction, all meals from breakfast on Saturday morning to Lunchtime Sunday, Visits to Tony’s garden and Nursery.
Participants are coming from as far as Slovakia, Czech, Belgium, Holland, Wales, Poland and throughout the UK… EVEN Yorkshire!
What you can expect:
You can arrive anytime but we do not have access to the venue until 16:00 although you can arrive as late as 12.00 midnight. If you wish to eat at the Brown Cow Pub please arrive before 20:00 as their kitchen may close, I have requested an extension but they cannot guarantee this.
Stay up late if you wish but remember to be quiet because some folk need their beauty sleep
From 8:00 until 9.15 Bob Brunt’s Big Breakfast Bar: Cereals, fruit juice, Bacon Butties, Toast, Bread rolls, jam and marmalade. Endless Coffee and Tea
9.30 Introduction of artists:
Visit nearby Yamadori for sale nursery
12.30 Lunch: Mrs Tickle’s homemade soups and rolls
16:00 Clean up and retire to the Brown Cow or Visit Bonsai Europa venue
18.00 Dinner (including Vegetarian… but not Kosher)
19.30 Auction of bonsai and related items
20:00 Individual Talks and discussions from the artists supported by digital projection.
23.00 Artists retire (work continues if you wish)
8:00 Bob Brunts Big Breakfast Bar: Cereals, fruit juice, Bacon Butties, Toast, Bread rolls, jam and marmalade. Endless Coffee and Tea
9.30 Artists start work
Visit Tonys’ Garden
12.30 Lunch: Traditional Lancashire Steak Pie with Red Cabbage and Mushy Peas
Things to bring with you:
- Trees to work on, however I do have some trees ready to work starting from £25.00 visit shop.yamadori.co.uk
- You must bring everything you need to work on your trees, over the years people have lost tools at Burrs. Mark your tools.
- You are welcome to bring your own beer/wine/soft drinks to consume throughout the event
- Please bring your own sleeping bag, quilt, blankets etc. If you are flying in please let me know if you require a sleeping bag. The accommodation is Bunkhouse. You are advised to bring some ear plugs as SOME of your fellow participants snore when they have had a beer…or two! The Bunkhouse is made up of 5 rooms.
- Tea & Coffee are available free of charge throughout the whole weekend.
- It is VERY important that you only work on ONE TREE at a time. Please leave other trees in your vehicles as the work room soon fills up.
- There are 30 participants with access to 6 artists a ratio of 5:1 the artists have been instructed to work a MAXIMUM of 15 minute duration at any one time with one participant; this is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the attention of all artists. Please remember you are here to learn from the artists and YOU are expected to do the work, not to sit back and watch them labour on your behalf.
- On Saturday Morning I invite participants to view my Yamadori for sale.
- On Sunday morning a Visit to my garden
- Please park as close together as possible, leave a place for people to unload. DO NOT leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Bonsai is an assumed risk participation (sharp tools etc.) no responsibility
- If you do not want to sleep in the bunk house I recommend the new Premier Inn: http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/BURTHY/manchester-bury it is a 25 minute walk or a 10 minute drive to Burrs and its £34 per night for a double room.
The Address for Burrs your SatNav
Burrs Activity Centre, Woodhill Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL8 1DA
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
By accepting to take part in the Burrs workshop, you understand and agree that you assume full responsibility for any and all death, illness, injury, and property damage and/or loss that you may suffer, in connection with any and all activities provided by Tony Tickle or his agents in which you may participate in, including, but not limited to death, illness, injuries or property damages and/or loss arising from, among other things, negligence or carelessness of the part of Tony Tickle or his agents. You agree that this release constitutes a complete release, discharge, and waiver of any and all actions or causes of action against Tony Tickle or his agents. You agree that you, your heirs, assigns, personal representatives, guardians and estate will not make a claim against, sue, attach the property of, or prosecute Tony Tickle or his agents, for injury or damage resulting from negligence or other acts, howsoever caused.